The mighty Lepidium meyenii, a.k.a Maca or Peruvian Ginseng, has been used for thousands of years as a healing source of support for endurance, fertility and nourishment.
This little root, which belongs to the radish family, is:
- Rich in vitamins B, C & E. Also abundant in Calcium, Zinc, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorous and amino acids.
- Widely used to promote healthy sexual function of both men and women. Valued as both a libido and fertility booster.
- Great for improving mood, as well as helping to provide relief from menstrual and menopausal symptoms like cramps, hot flashes and depression.
- Helpful for balancing mood. If you’re frequently anxious, stressed, depressed or just prone to swings in mood, there is anecdotal evidence that Maca may help.
- Beneficial for skin issues, most notably acne and blemishes.
- A great source of Iron, which is critical to restore red blood cells and helps bone, teeth and skin heal from wounds faster.