Black Cumin Seed
Meet the Black Cumin Seed, a.k.a Nigella sativa, a.k.a “the cure for everything but death” as it's known in ancient Arabic and Egyptian texts.
Since 1959, there have been over 450 clinical studies of Black Cumin seed which yielded results that may support the above claims from ancient fans. These powerful seeds help to prevent a host of maladies and have been shown to be:
Anti-cancer, anti-obesity, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, antidiabetic, antihypertensive (helps with high blood pressure), antibacterial, antiatherogenetic (keeps plaque off arteries), anti-fungal and antipsoriatic (effective against psoriasis).
Black Cumin seeds act as an immunostimulant, helping to ward off sickness and sneezes by:
- Supporting the formation of prostaglandin E1, which helps the body fight infections.
- Stimulating neutrophil activity (neutrophil are short-lived immune cells typically found in bone marrow, but mobilize into action when infection is present in the body).
Containing the active constituents Nigellone and Thymoquinone, which have anti-histamine and broncho-dialating effects that help lessen allergies and asthma.
When combined with garlic, Black Cumin seed’s immunomodulatory action is boosted and helping to correct imbalances that allow immune cells to destroy healthy cells. This seed-savior:
- Contains over 100 components, many of which still remain to be discovered.
- Is carminative, meaning it aids digestion and relieve gases in the stomach & intestines.
- Oils of the seed are made of more than 50% essential fatty acids (EFA’s).
Contains Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which helps to stabilize the cell membrane, helping to fortify cells against oxidative stress.
Found in: Dandelion + Black Cumin Seed Detox Herbs
We cannot say enough about the healing property of these seeds. For an eye opening read, we recommend Googling the research around black cumin seed and the leukemia drug Interferon. For more about Black Cumin seed and ingredients like it, sign up for our e-communiqué.